Monday, November 7, 2011

9K cash! Incredible.

I know no one even reads my blog anymore, but you know, you gotta tell someone.

On the poker front I've been playing with Big Apple Home Poker, a loose-knit group of folks who play $30-$40 buy-in tournaments in the city a few times a weeek live, which has been great for the ol' bankroll. They also play .25/.50 mixed games, which is also nice for my current stash - however, I will probably be making a few more trips to AC and the underground, because last night, I did the unthinkable. Granted, it might be incredibly difficult to actually GET this money, but look below...

This is easily my biggest online cash to date, and let me tell you, it was probably the craziest 7 hours of poker ever played online. I've literally just been killing time on Bodog...I had some cash on there and so I've just been playing a sng here and there, but then last week I got this email to enter a freeroll for the 100K tournament. Well, I won it. So, I decided, what the heck. I'll play it. For the first few hours I played solid patient poker, not really even paying much attention while I watched football - letting Tracker tell me people's VP/PFR tendencies, value betting my solid hands, not really getting speculative at all unless I was in position, and suddenly, out of 658 people, I saw myself with around 200 people left. In the next hour, I had some unbelievable suckouts (chopping with a full straight on the board when I was behind, filling out Q10 to a straight flush against the nut flush, crazy stuff like that) and not only had I cashed, but somehow had made it to the final table. I finally busted in 3rd when my K5 didn't hold up against k9 with two kings on the board, and became (hopefully) 9K richer - just like that.

The funny thing is that I didn't jump up and down, cheer, anything like that - I knew it would be a pain in the ass to even get this money - it appears Bodog will only allow it to be withdrawn only $800 at a time in my case, and even then with a hefty charge from Western Union - but in NY state it appears that is the only way I will get it. But wow. It was pretty incredible.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the ca$h. I got money from Bodog with a check that came in about 10 days. Might be state dependent, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is. My only option, it seems, is 'rapid transfer' via Western Union.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening to you, buddy boy! CONGRATS!!!! NICE CASH!!! And as far as the cashouts are concerned, I haven't had any problems with them through Western Union. I've withdrawn $1k+ at a time and had it available the very next day.

    ReplyDelete