Tuesday, May 23, 2017

WSOP Plans and a question of syntax

So, its WSOP time and I'll be discussing my schedule at the end of the post, but first I want to discuss something that occurred in the comments section of my blog a couple of entries ago..

I view my blog as purely a leisure and entertainment source, where I tell stories about my poker sessions and surrounding events, and my only hope is that the few readers I have find the contents enjoyable and entertaining.

Here is what it's not.

if I say something like 'what would you do here' or 'what do you think of this hand' then that means that I'm inviting readers to post their opinions about my play, and they are free to do so. If I don't ask you that, then it should be patently clear that I have no interest in hearing about your opinions of hands I play, strategy I use, or criticism of my play in general. It's especially offensive in my opinion for someone in either scenario to say things like 'you really should have done this' or 'that's a bad play' ESPECIALLY when I haven't asked your opinion. If I want your opinion I'll ask for it, believe me. Now that I'm off that soapbox..

I'll be in Vegas from June 9-11, and I plan on these events:

$365 Giant
$200k Nugget Day 1
One PH event

The day 2 of the 200k tournament will be on the 11th, so obviously my plans will revolve around whether or not I make it into Day 2. I want to squeeze one pH event in there in lieu of playing a daily deepstack at the Rio, as they tend to draw gigantic fields that have to be completed by the end of the day without a guarantee.The Aria might be another possibility, and of course I'll be squeezing in a few cash sessions depending on how far my bankroll goes. Now, look what I'm about to do here. What do you think of this schedule? In looking at the structure of the giant more closely , it only has 20 minute levels but a generous 25k stack to start, so the levels dont particularly bother me. I also have no problem getting back to Vegas in July for the Giant day 2, for reasons that I will save for another post. All I'll say is that I may be in Vegas a lot more frequently in July and August.

I know that the beginning of my post came across as somewhat harsh, and while I make no apologies for that, I hope it doesn't make people gun-shy about leaving comments. As I said, I'm curious about people's opinions of tournaments occurring on that weekend, and if I have questions about my play I'm more than happy to ask for opinions on that as well. But if I don't ask, well....you know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment