Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Change of plans....

So, an unfortunate series of events has forced me to reschedule my trip to Vegas for WSOP frivolity. An unfortunate situation arose earlier this month when I received an email from State Farm telling me that I was no longer going to be offered coverage for my car due to the three accidents I had accrued over the past five years. Admittedly, two of them were my fault and the third one was ruled as Mutual negligence, a term I'd never heard of until that point, but either way, in the view of State Farm that also counts as a third accident against my record. So in the quest to find a new insurer,not only was I faced with a higher premium, but I also had to fork over a down payment to the tune of almost $1,000. This is ironically the exact amount I'd intended on taking with me to Vegas as my tournament bankroll.

But, like Manna From Heaven a new situation presented itself, and while it excludes some of the tournaments I wanted to participate in between the 9th and 11th of June , it's a situation where I will have a free hotel room from the last week of June to the second week of August. My GF has landed a job as an ad for who Wants to Be a Millionaire which will be recording at Bally's during this time period. Since my regular job reduces to 3 days a week during the summer, I will be PAing the show on and off during those dates. So first off, any readers that would like tickets to a taping of the show , I'd be happy to get one for you. Second of all, I'll be there playing a good deal of poker during those dates. I'm looking at  two tournaments in particular towards the tail end of the series. a later flight of the Giant, and either a pH or Golden Nugget tournament to satisfy my tournament sweet tooth. Otherwise, it will be a bevy of cash games from mid July and into mid-august, which should give me a rich supply of content to spit into this blog for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment